An inexhaustible energy level plus a very short attention span – a foolproof combination to wear out any mom. Yes, we know how draining keeping your little ones occupied can be. That’s why we’ve prepared some great ideas you can use to entertain your toddler!
Trampoline jumping and a vast array of creative stimulating games and activities make one of the best indoor playgrounds in Peoria, AZ a great place to spend quality time with your toddler and keep them occupied. Read on to discover more ways to keep your little one busy!
How do you occupy a toddler?
Toddlers need a lot of entertainment, that’s for sure. Luckily, their short attention spans make them easily distracted and their endless curiosity makes it easy to engage them in almost any activity, at least for a short while. Here are some ideas:
- Buy creative toys: some toys are more effective than others in captivating the attention of toddlers. Wooden blocks and LEGO bricks are great for encouraging their focus and enhancing motor and spatial skills.
- Use technology wisely: the Internet can be an amazing tool to engage and educate your toddler. Whether it’s educational apps or fun YouTube videos targeted to children, technology can be a lifesaver if your toddler just won’t sit still.
- Play them songs: there’s always that one song your toddler loves to listen to on repeat. Sure, hearing the same song over and over can be annoying, but it’s often the only way to calm your child down.
- Make something together: whether it’s finger painting or making a cardboard box maze, engaging in creative activities with your toddler can keep them occupied for hours and also help you relax and have some fun too!
- Get the books out: toddlers need to exercise their imagination and reading stories is the perfect way to help them do so. Either read their favorite stories to them or let them look at pictures and pretend to read.
How do you engage a toddler in activities?
Most parents don’t have that much time on their hands to keep their kids entertained all day. Toddlers get bored quickly and one activity can usually captivate their attention for no more than a couple of minutes. Because of this, most parents are at a loss to how to keep their children engaged.
No matter how difficult it may seem, captivating your toddler’s attention and involving them in cognitively stimulating activities can be easy as one-two-three if you follow our tips and tricks.
Engage their senses
While gadgets can be a great educational tool if used correctly, the virtual world can never give your kid the mental and physical stimulation they need to stay healthy. Toddlers love using all their senses to experience the world around them and you should make an effort to provide them with hands-on sensory experiences as often as you can. Organize a scavenger hunt in the park, bake cupcakes together or take them to the Zoo to see the animals, the possibilities are endless!
Give your toddler an active role
Your kid will learn best by doing so make sure to always give them a chance to experience the activity on their own. No matter what kind of activity it is, try to find a way to immerse them fully. If it’s a story, let your toddler act it out, if you’re creating something together, let them get their hands dirty and take the activity where they want it to go.
Yes, we know you are busy and don’t always have the time to join your toddler in their play. Still, we also know how beneficial it is if you share your enthusiasm and excitement with your kids. If you jump around with them or act like a fool around them, they will be more likely to find the activity amusing and would follow your actions.
Where can I take my toddler to play?
While spending time indoors can be calming and fun for both the parent and the toddler, you’re bound to run out of ideas to engage your kid after a while. When your toddler’s toys and books stop being fun, try taking them to the following places:
- The mall: most malls have children’s play areas and other attractions fit for kids, such as carousels and train rides. Malls are great because they usually offer a vast range of fun activities and allow your toddler to socialize with other kids.
- Indoor playgrounds: there’s no better place for spending excess energy and meeting other kids than indoor playgrounds and play areas. These places are designed to keep your toddler occupied with age-appropriate activities which stimulate their bodies and minds.
- Aquariums: if you’ve visited the Zoo too many times already, try taking your toddler to an aquarium. Most kids love looking at colorful fish and other small animals. If your town doesn’t have an aquarium, visit your local pet store.
- Local toy store: obviously, taking your toddler to a toy store is not the best idea unless you’re prepared to spend some money, but many toy stores have great play areas where your toddler can try out different toys or do different kinds of crafts for free.
Amazing indoor playgrounds in Peoria, AZ bring great adventures
Keeping a toddler engaged continuously can be a daunting task, especially when you’ve run out of creative ideas and places to visit. Sure, you can take your toddler to Lake Pleasant for a fun time in the sun, but what if the sun is nowhere to be found?
At Uptown Jungle Fun Park, rain and cloudy days can’t spoil the fun! Visit us with your toddler and let them enjoy a vast variety of games and activities carefully designed just for them and find some time to relax in our parent lounge while your little one jumps around. Stop by today!